Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blah blah blah blah run blah blah

A lot of people run. A lot of people have blogs about their running and training. I didn't want to be one of them, but here I am. Sorry.

It's just that I always have so much to say about my runs, but it never seems like it can be condensed (let alone be interesting enough to anyone but myself) for posting on Facebook or Twitter or any other site where you're supposed to declare "What's happening" or "What's on your mind."

Most of the time what's on my mind is running. But I've learned that only other runners really care about talking about running. Talking about pace, time, distance, injuries, "shinjuries," sneakers, the best way to stretch this-or-that-muscle, what you eat before you run, and how you plan on wallpapering your hallway with race bibs.

I keep track of my running routes and stats on a great site called Dailymile. It's a fantastic community of runners, cyclists, walkers, rollerbladers, etc. But this blog is for those days I want to talk just a little too much about putting one of my feet in front of the other.

Yes, it's another running blog. 

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you're apologetic about starting a running blog. I know what you mean about sometimes having more to say than what will fit on twitter or facebook. Good luck with the blog and good luck with your marathon training!

    ReplyDelete