Monday, September 19, 2011

Aaaahhh!

Or, as the French say: "Le Aaaahhh!"


After much mental turmoil over whether my shin splints would go away, if I could take the time off work, if I really wanted to devote another 4 months to training...I registered for the Paris Marathon!

I've been to Paris twice before and I love, love, LOVE the city. I cannot wait to run along the Seine, past Notre Dame and under the Eiffel Tower. I can't wait for a nice jog along the ponts the day before to keep my legs loose. To speak a little French (hoping it's not too rusty). And to just leisurely enjoy the city as a pedestrian, of course.

I'm a little apprehensive because chances are I'll be doing this all by myself—the run AND the trip. Who will take my picture or give me high-fives?! Ah well, c'est la vie!  I'm sure I will have an amazing time no matter what!

For now, I just need to concentrate on getting through the 2010 NYC Marathon (in just 47 days!). Then I can take a mini break before this new international running adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment